- "Annoying bird! I am the great Leon!"
- — Leon Powalski, Star Fox 64
- 1 Appearance and personality
- 2 History
- 3 Super Smash Bros. series
- 4 Voice actors
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Names in other languages
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Appearance and personality
Leon's appearance is based on that of a Chameleon. He was originally a classy, competent pilot with a calm and sinister voice tone. Later, in Star Fox: Assault, Leon became a crazed, ruthless assassin who often lets out a deranged laugh after defeating a foe. In Star Fox: Assault, Leon is also shown to be wearing a blue jump-suit.
It is also revealed in Star Fox: Assault that Leon also specializes in killing, hence his title as an "assassin" in the instruction booklet and a "killer" in official artwork. Leon is also shown to have sympathy for other reptilian or amphibious creatures (like Slippy).
Despite his ruthless swagger and love of the hunt, Leon loves to adorn his maniacal disposition to maintain his spot as Star Wolf's assassin. This shows that he is somewhat of a narcissist, and enjoys his feared reputation as the killer, as indicated from his quotes.
Leon's personality in Star Fox Command appears to contradict his cold-blooded image. It is implied that, beneath his facade, he has a soft spot for peace. This is hinted at in his profile in the Pilot Gallery and his rejoicing after defeating the Anglar Emperor because he claims that he will look forward to parades with flowers and other such niceties.
- "A member of Star Wolf who's a cold-blooded assassin. He has no morals or conscience and will perform any job with machinelike disinterest."
- — Star Fox: Assault instruction booklet, page 39
Star Fox 64
Spoiler warning: The following contains key plot or ending details.
In Star Fox 64, Leon was a member of the original Star Wolf team that was hired by Andross during the Lylat Wars. The Star Fox team first encountered him and the Star Wolf team on Fichina. Here he tried to prevent the team from stopping a bomb from going off in a Cornerian base. In every battle against Star Wolf, Leon would focus on fighting Falco. Leon would eventually be shot down by Fox, who then proceeded to take out the bomb. After being shot down, Leon became incensed from his defeat.
If Fox failed to shoot down Leon at Fichina, he retreats to defend the the Bolse Defense Outpost. If Star Fox goes to Venom from Area 6, they must fight Leon and the Star Wolf team in their new Wolfen II vehicles. Leon is shown with a robotic eye in the battle, due to his injuries from the previous fight.
Star Fox: Assault
In the nine years following up to Star Fox: Assault, Star Wolf left the Venomian Army's employment, lost two members, and hired a new member, Panther Caroso. Aside from Wolf, Leon is the only original Star Wolf member to remain on the team. Leon assisted Wolf in building an empire in the Sargasso Space Zone. When Star Fox infiltrated the base, they must fight Leon and the Star Wolf team again, whom they successfully defeat.
After Fox was ambushed by the Aparoids, Star Wolf revealed their survival and saved him. Leon and Star Wolf followed Star Fox to the Beltino Orbital Gate and helped them destroy the missiles sent to destroy the base. They also entered the warp to the Aparoid Homeworld. Before the Star Fox team made it to the Aparoid Queen, Leon with the rest of Star Wolf distracted the queen's guards so that Star Fox could make their move.
Leon and Falco's rivalry is more noticeable in the game, as both of them make snide remarks about each other, even when cooperatively battling the Aparoids.
Canon warning: The following content contains information that has not been confirmed canon or non canon.
Star Fox Command
In Star Fox Command, Leon remains a loyal member to Star Wolf. Due to their criminal activity, Leon and Star Wolf are wanted all across the Lylat System for a bounty. Leon has the lowest bounty of $10,000. Leon also pilots his own ship, the Rainbow Delta.
Fog of War
Wolf, Leon, and Panther attacked Fox and Slippy on their mission on Fichina. While Leon appeared here, he played no large role in the attack.
This story occurs if Fox goes to Fichina to hire Wolf.
Once again, the Star Wolf team attacked Fox on Fichina. Leon's only role was taunting Fox for fighting three on one. Later, when Wolf and Fox were heading to the planet Solar, Wolf suggested they forget about Falco and look for Leon and Panther.
In this storyline, Fox went to Fichina to beg Krystal's forgiveness. She was there with two of her new teammates, Leon and Panther. Leon taunted Fox for his mistakes, but was the only one to think about him after the mission. Leon laughed at Fox as he begged Krystal to rejoin his team.
Star Wolf Returns
This story occurs if Krystal chooses not to return to Star Fox.
Leon followed Krystal and Panther to Venom where they met up with Wolf. Leon revealed that he couldn't wait to be hero and seemed to show a friendlier side. Leon helped his team members finally defeat the Anglar Emperor and returned to Corneria to claim his title as hero.
Spoiler warning: Spoilers end here.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Leon makes a cameo appearance in the Lylat Cruise level of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If you use Fox, Falco, or Wolf on the stage and press the taunt buttons repeatedly without being interrupted, Leon and other Star Fox characters will comment on the battle. Leon is featured in the following events:
- 1. Star Fox encounters Star Wolf and will not let them leave alive. Wolf also tells Fox that he will take him down.
- 2. Star Fox and Star Wolf meet once again. Leon appears to have a new ship as they head into the battle, where Falco is fighting other opponents.
- 3. As the stage and Star Wolf head into the skirmish, Leon becomes envious of Wolf - perhaps a bit too envious, as he gets carried away and Panther asks him what he's actually jealous of.
- 4. Falco is chased by Star Wolf after angering them. He tells Slippy to back off, and that he can handle it.
- 5. Leon and Slippy enter Cornerian air space. Slippy gazes at the water, which Leon thinks is breathtaking. Slippy then mistakes Leon as a frog, because they both have a long tongue. Leon tells him not to put them in the same group and to drop the subject.
- 6. Leon, Panther, Falco, Krystal, and the stage itself enters the asteroid field, which worries Leon and Krystal. Panther, hearing this, begins to flirt with Krystal. Falco tells him to get crushed by the asteroids, leading to another one of Star Wolf and Falco's infamous arguments. Leon is only heard in the begining, saying "star wolf is here in the asteroid field".
Leon received his own trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
|Super Smash Bros. for Wii U||
PAL: Star Wolf's resident sniper. When he finds his mark, he takes them out with - what else? - his long chameleon tongue! OK, just kidding. He uses a rifle. Probably. We haven't watched him do it. Anyway, he's a merciless foe you don't want to cross, but if he's with you, he'll never let you down. He's Wolf's most trusted ally.
N64 Star Fox 64 (7/1997)
GCN Star Fox: Assault (2/2005)
- Rick May in Star Fox 64
- David Scully in Star Fox: Assault
- Shinobu Satouchi (Japanese voice actor)
- Jim Walker in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Main article: Gallery:Leon Powalski
Names in other languages
|This article is a character stub. You can help Lylat Wiki byit.|
|Current team members||
|Former team members||
|Members with unknown status||