| General Pepper:
This page was marked in May 2010
James McCloud's signature has, since Star Fox 64, been wearing a pair of sunglasses. Otherwise he carries a close resemblance in both appearance and apparel as his son, Fox McCloud. His eyes are olive green in Star Fox 64 3D, instead of Fox's green.
Development (Out of Game)
In game History
Spoiler warning: The following contains key plot or ending details.
James McCloud is credited to have been the first leader of the Star Fox Team, which was formed in response to the initial threat against Corneria posed by Andross. While on a mission against Andross, James McCloud fell into a black hole after a bomb experiment "failure". Andross, who was a scientist of Corneria then, created this bomb, secretly planning for it to detonate when James McCloud reached critical velocity, thus sending him into a black hole. Pigma was also involved in this plan, and helped with assuring the death of James McCloud.
Many years later, when Fox had finally completed James's final mission, Andross had triggered his lab's self destruct. James sudddenly appeared and guided Fox out of the lab before it was destroyed. James flew away when they made it out of the base. Fox was surprised to see his father alive.
Eight years later, Fox obtained a message from James when he deposited a Cheat Token in the maze beneath the WarpStone. During the fight against the Aparoid Queen, the Queen used James's voice in an attempt to turn Fox to her side. Falco snapped him out of it when he reminded Fox that his father was dead, but the Queen continued to use his voice to trick the team.
Dash Makes a Decision
Canon warning: The following content contains information that has not been confirmed canon or non canon.
James appeared halfway through the invasion of the Venom Sea by Fox, Falco, and Dash Bowman. He said nothing throughout the battle and helped them defeat the Anglar forces. Once again, he disappeared without anyone's notice.
Canon warning: Ambiguously canon content ends here.
Star Fox Comic
Non Canon warning: The following content contains information that is not canon.
While he is arguably dead in the canon, the 1993 Nintendo Power Comic portrays James as having, in some way, been sucked into a black hole during his fateful mission against Andross. Fox McCloud later dives into a black hole and is lead through it by some sort of physical manifestation of his father.
Non Canon warning: Non canon information ends here.
Spoiler warning: Spoilers end here.
- Star Fox (Mentioned Only)
- Star Fox 64
- Star Fox Adventures (Mentioned Only)
- Star Fox: Assault (Mentioned Only)
- Star Fox Command
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Mentioned Only)
- Mike West in Star Fox 64.
- Jim Walker in Star Fox: Assault.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Trophy Information
|Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U||
PAL: Fox's father and the founder of Star Fox. He was betrayed by Pigma Dengar while on a scouting mission to Venom. James died a hero, caught in Andross's clutches. The F-Zero series has a racer of the same name (with suitably dashing sunglasses to boot), but that James McCloud is certainly not of the fox persuasion.
James' headshot from Star Fox 64.
James' headshot from Star Fox Command.
James in Star Fox 64 3D.
James with the original Star Fox team in Star Fox Zero
James' headshot from Star Fox Zero
- "Don't ever give up, my son!" - James McCloud, Star Fox 64.
- "Follow me, Fox... This way, Fox... Never give up, Trust your instincts... You've become so strong, Fox." - James McCloud, Star Fox 64.
- James McCloud shares many similarities with an F-Zero pilot of the same name. Both lead a squadron of mercenaries, both have ships of similar appearances, as well as others
- James' scarf colour is red throughout Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assault, although Argonaut Software later retconned this so that before his betrayal, his scarf is red (for example, in the introductory sequence in SF64 3D), and afterwards it is yellow (during the escape sequence of SF64 3D and his appearance in Command).
|This article is a character stub. You can help Lylat Wiki byit.|
|Current team members||
|Former team members||