Lylat Wiki:Inter-Wiki Policy
|This draft policy is recommend by a member in accordance with LW:Draft. You are free to make small changes, as long as the original purpose of the policy is preserved. Any feedback should be provided on the .|
A wiki is a collaborative effort by many people over much time. Their hard work and dedication should be honor to the utmost academic and legal honors. Simultaneously, because they are edited by many different people over a long period of time, there is a high chance that the page is full of spelling mistakes and incorrect information. This is why, before all else, we warn you here and now:
DO NOT COPY FROM OTHER WIKIS!
If anyone is caught copying and pasting text, any of the following actions maybe taken, based on the situation it is found under, the opinion of the administrator who notices it, and frequency of this occurrence by the IP address and/or username.
- A warning notice will be placed on said user's respective talk page, if one is available. If not, an attempt to contact the editor at the IP should be made, if at all possible.
- If the latest revision of the page is the revision in which received the pasted code, the page will be reverted, and the contribution undone, by a staff member.
- If the user or IP address has been contacted on the incident, warned on their user page (if they have one), or something similar, yet continues to act in such a manner, the User should bring it with a member of the Staff (level 1 or level 0). The member should them present the case, and if valid, the admin will block the IP address and/or the user.
When interwiki content is allowed
The following are situations that we allow content to be shared between wikis. If does not fall under a topic explicitly stated here, please post your content on the talk page first, or it will be remove entirely, and if sever enough, actions maybe taken against you according to the above section.
Situations where you should avoid interwiki content
- Do not copy any other wiki's files, templates, categories, help pages, community pages, wikiprojects or policy pages.
- Please be careful not to use too many sources used in citations by other wikis.