Star Fox News
- December 7, 2018 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is released!
- June 12, 2018 - During the Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 presentation, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was revealed after being teased back in March 2018. It has been confirmed that game will feature every Super Smash Bros. veteran, including Fox, Falco, and Wolf. The characters will feature significant updates, including new Final Smashes, and their appearance will be based on their Star Fox Zero iterations. The game will launch for Nintendo Switch on December 7, 2018.
- June 11, 2018 - During the Ubisoft E3 2018 Conference, it was revealed that the Nintendo Switch version of Ubisoft's upcoming toys-to-life title Starlink: Battle for Atlas will include characters and vehicles from the Star Fox series, and respective physical figurines will be made for them.
- June 26, 2017 - BREAKING NEWS: Nintendo has casually, yet officially just announced earlier today that the long-rumored Super NES Classic Edition, also known as the Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System in the PAL regions, will be released on September 29, 2017. The microconsole will be priced at $79.99 in North America, and will include 21 pre-installed Super Nintendo Entertainment System titles, including the original Star Fox, getting re-released for the first time since its original 1993 launch, and - believe it or not - the previously never-released Star Fox 2. It is a great year to be a Nintendo fan!
- (P.S.: And yes! The original Star Fox will be released under its original title in the PAL regions as well!)
- September 27th, 2018 - Our 2nd election for the Editor-in-Chief position is open for Nominations.
- July 03rd, 2014 - Lylat Wiki has been upgraded to MediaWiki 1.23! Please report any errors to our tech support team.
- March 09th, 2013 - We've moved to a brand new host, following a series of software and hardware issues with our old host.
- October 31st, 2012 - after a long time, Lylat Wiki is back up and at a new URL
- January 16th, 2012 - Icaruspedia has become an affiliate with Lylat Wiki. Be sure to check them out!
- November 26th, 2011 - Lylat Wiki is proud to announce that it has officially affiliated with the Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. We are pleased to welcome them aboard and ask that you check them out.
- June 23rd, 2017 - NIWA added a new member yesterday - it has been a long while: ARMS Institute, a wiki about the Nintendo Switch game ARMS. We do not know yet if ARMS will have any sequels and/or related new entries in the future, but it is amazing that a brand new IP from Nintendo could garner such a grand following and online community in a very short amount of time - enough to launch an independent wiki site about a sole game, at least. Due to the overwhelming success of the first game, it would not be surprising if Nintendo are planning to release more entries in their successful new IP after ARMS. This sounds familiar for some reason. By the way, Nintendo's last major new IP, Splatoon, is a getting a sequel next month.
- July 05th, 2015 - NIWA added a new member yesterday - it sure has been a while: Inkipedia, a wiki about the Wii U game Splatoon. We do not know yet if Splatoon will have any sequels and/or related new entries in the future, but it is amazing that a brand new IP from Nintendo could garner such a grand following and online community in a very short amount of time - enough to launch an independent wiki site about a sole game, at least. Due to the overwhelming success of the first game, it would not be surprising if Nintendo are planning to release more entries in their successful new IP after Splatoon.
- January 22nd, 2014 - NIWA added a new member on Saturday - it sure has been a while: Hard Drop Tetris Wiki, a wiki about the Tetris franchise. Although Tetris is considered a third-party franchise owned by The Tetris Company, the franchise is known to have a history of being worked on by several licensed entities, and Nintendo happens to be one of them. Albeit Nintendo does not develop Tetris games presently, the franchise still has a notable spot in Nintendo's own history, in addition to the several iteration of Tetris games available on various Nintendo consoles.
- March 30th, 2012 - NIWA added a new member today: Dragon Quest Wiki, a wiki about the Dragon Quest series. Although Dragon Quest is considered a third-party franchise owned by Square-Enix, its latest games from 2007 onwards are Nintendo-exclusive entries, some of which were published by Nintendo themselves outside Japan, which is why the related wiki was qualified to be a NIWA member. Dragon Quest Wiki is also one of the founding wikis in the SEIWA network.
- March 23rd, 2012 - Coinciding with the worldwide release of Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS, NIWA added a new member today: Icaruspedia, a wiki about the Kid Icarus series.