The Battle Begins Notes
- Slippy and Fox were close friends during Fox's academy days.
- The Battle Begins takes place ten days after the team leaves Sauria, meaning Sauria is canon in the rebooted universe (though the events of Adventures are not).
- Andross and Corneria were already at war for years.
- Gamepad aiming is explained by new visor tech for the pilots.
- Andross's forces use teleportation to bypass Corneria's defenses. They go after Pepper instead of trying to destroy the city.
- Slippy uses Peppy's good luck charm to make missiles mimicking Pepper's life signs.
- Pepper sends a secret transmission to Peppy after the mission, urging him to handle the situation and keep the truth a secret from his teammates.
Star Fox Zero Notes
Most (if not all) missions have named phases. Need to start jotting those down.
- The Laser follows the same rules as SF64, but hyper lasers are lost after taking 2 hits of any kind. Twin laser lasts until the end of the stage or death, and wings cannot be broken.
- Gold Supply Rings do not extend vehicle health anymore. They grant an extra life after collecting 3, and each one restores some health. The vehicle health bar cannot be extended at all.
- Corneria has 3 phases:
- Phase 1 is a throwback to SF64, destroying enemies and racing to the command center.
- Phase 2 is the defense of the command center and General Pepper from the spider walker robots.
- Phase 3 is the Androsa fight.
- Androsa page doesn't exist yet. First boss in game; essentially a big flying saucer. Can beat by destroying the large... radar dishes? Can also be beaten by flying inside and destroying the core. Gives mission accomplished and a medal(?) for destroying the core.
- Sector α needs to be created. Sector Alpha should redirect. Boss is a ship core, identical to the alternative method of dealing with Androsa. First appearance of the Walker in the first playthrough. Has 2 phases:
- Phase 1 is defense of the Cornerian fleet and breaking through enemy lines.
- Phase 2 is inside the enemy command ship, where the walker is introduced and the boss is encountered.
- Sector α involves trying to save the Cornerian fleet by destroying Andross's ships. I think saving all of them gives you one medal, but I could be wrong.
- Sector 3 introduces the Gigarilla and the Space Colony.
- Phase 1 (Hurry to the Colony) takes place on approach to the colony. Very brief linear section followed by an all-range battle to destroy 30 enemy ships. Destroying all 30 grants a +5 hit bonus and triggers Pigma's arrival. Failing to destroy all 30 in time still triggers Pigma without the bonus.
- Phase 2 (Activate the Gigarilla) has the team entering the colony's interior and activating walker mode. Pepper tells Fox they need a special vehicle to activate the Gigarilla, so Fox heads to the underground hangar to retrieve the Gyrowing. Activating the Gigarilla causes it to fight with Star Fox, destroying any enemies in its path. Fox enters the teleporter that Andross's forces were trying to use to retrieve it.
Fox McCloud Star Fox Zero and SSBU sections
- Split up The Battle Begins and Zero into separate sections?
- The Battle Begins is essentially the first mission of Zero with added story information. Is it really worth separating the two for that?
- Confirm any changes to canon backstory in the Zero continuity.
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Zero maintains Fox's backstory but retells the events of Star Fox 64 with different events. Fox is once again the leader of the Star Fox team, having brought the team out of retirement after his father's death.