Star Fox News
- October 20, 2016 - Nintendo officially announces their upcoming console the Nintendo Switch, formerly known as "Codename NX", via a teaser trailer. It has been reaffirmed for a March 2017 release, albeit no additional information on game titles and technical specs will be revealed until January 2017. Stay tuned for further developments.
- July 11, 2016 - Nintendo of Europe confirms their weekly Nintendo eShop lineup today for July 14, and reveal they are releasing two new special demo games for the Wii U. One of the demos is Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins + Training, based on Star Fox Zero, and as the title suggests it includes the full short film The Battle Begins as well as the game's Training Mode. The other demo is Star Fox Guard: Special Demo Version, based on Star Fox Guard. No additional details were revealed however. Like any demo version, both these downloads will be available for free for anyone still on the fence about acquiring either game. No confirmation from Nintendo of America regarding the availability these demo versions however.
- April 27, 2016 - During the 2015-2016 Q4 investor's meeting earlier today, Nintendo confirms their next generation platform dubbed "Codename NX" will be released on March 2017. Nintendo also reaffirms the platform will be officially revealed this year, however not before or during the upcoming E3 2016 trade show, with Nintendo stating their focus during the event will be for the yet again delayed The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U and now "NX".
- April 22, 2016 - Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard are now available in retail stores and on the Nintendo eShop in North America and most of Europe. Get the games now, separately or together! Both titles will also be available in Oceania starting tomorrow.
- April 18, 2016 - Along with a teaser trailer, Nintendo of America officially announced Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins today. Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins is a promotional anime short film, and a collaboration effort between producer Shigeru Miyamoto, and Production I.G alongside subsidiary Wit Studio. The short will have its world premiere live on April 20 at 3 pm PT, following by a live stream of Nintendo Treehouse: Live demonstrating Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard. Production I.G is well known for other animation works based on both manga and video games, such as the anime adaptations of Ghost in the Shell and Attack on Titan.
- July 03rd, 2014 - Lylat Wiki has been upgraded to MediaWiki 1.23! Please report any errors to our tech support team.
- March 09th, 2013 - We've moved to a brand new host, following a series of software and hardware issues with our old host.
- October 31st, 2012 - after a long time, Lylat Wiki is back up and at a new URL
- January 16th, 2012 - Icaruspedia has become an affiliate with Lylat Wiki. Be sure to check them out!
- November 26th, 2011 - Lylat Wiki is proud to announce that it has officially affiliated with the Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. We are pleased to welcome them aboard and ask that you check them out.
- July 05th, 2015 - NIWA added a new member yesterday - it sure has been a while: Inkipedia, a wiki about the Wii U game Splatoon. We do not know yet if Splatoon will have any sequels and/or related new entries in the future, but it is amazing that a brand new IP from Nintendo could garner such a grand following and online community in a very short amount of time - enough to launch an independent wiki site about a sole game, at least. Due to the overwhelming success of the first game, it would not be surprising if Nintendo are planning to release more entries in their successful new IP after Splatoon.
- January 22nd, 2014 - NIWA added a new member on Saturday - it sure has been a while: Hard Drop Tetris Wiki, a wiki about the Tetris franchise. Although Tetris is considered a third-party franchise owned by The Tetris Company, the franchise is known to have a history of being worked on by several licensed entities, and Nintendo happens to be one of them. Albeit Nintendo does not develop Tetris games presently, the franchise still has a notable spot in Nintendo's own history, in addition to the several iteration of Tetris games available on various Nintendo consoles.
- March 30th, 2012 - NIWA added a new member today: Dragon Quest Wiki, a wiki about the Dragon Quest series. Although Dragon Quest is considered a third-party franchise owned by Square-Enix, its latest games from 2007 onwards are Nintendo-exclusive entries, some of which were published by Nintendo themselves outside Japan, which is why the related wiki was qualified to be a NIWA member. Dragon Quest Wiki is also one of the founding wikis in the SEIWA network.
- March 23rd, 2012 - Coinciding with the worldwide release of Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS, NIWA added a new member today: Icaruspedia, a wiki about the Kid Icarus series.
- March 21st, 2012 - Lylat Wiki has been notified that fellow NIWA member StrategyWiki has been accepted into our affiliated Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. If you have a minute to congratulate them, please do so here.