Star Fox News
- June 26, 2015 - Hyper Japan, an annual all-Japanese pop culture convention, is returning to London this year, and Nintendo UK confirmed they are attending the event, promising to display a selection of the best Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games that are both available and upcoming, including Star Fox Zero. If you are planning to attend Hyper Japan this year, taking place between July 10 and 12, make sure you pass by Nintendo UK's booth to be able to play a demo of the game. Click here for details on the event itself.
- June 18, 2015 - Yesterday, Nintendo of America tweeted a release chart for a select number of titles that are coming to Wii U starting from today until the end of 2015. According to the chart, it has been confirmed that the 2006 Nintendo DS title Star Fox Command is going to be available as a Virtual Console title via the Nintendo eShop on June 25, 2015. If you have originally missed getting this game, here is your chance to secure an official digital copy of the title. This release date is only confirmed for North American Wii U owners so far. Stay tuned for any info regarding the title's release elsewhere.
- June 16, 2015 - During the Nintendo Digital Event @ E3 2015, Star Fox Zero has been announced, followed with a demonstration of a couple levels played by the presenters during the Nintendo Treehouse Live presentation, alongside with series creator Shigeru Miyamoto. It has been confirmed that PlatinumGames are co-developing the title, alongside Bayonetta 2 director Yusuke Hashimoto. The game is a neither a sequel, prequel, nor a remake, but rather a re-imagining of the early games in the series. The game features some Star Fox 2 elements like the Arwing transforming into a mech-like vehicle, and a new helipad vehicle called the Gyrowing.
- November 07, 2014 - On the November 5, 2014 Nintendo Direct, it was revealed that the Fox (and possibly Falco) amiibo figurines will be compatible with various games outside of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which could include Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. In the case of the latter, using a Fox amiibo in that game will allow the playable Mii character to don a Fox McCloud-based suit.
- July 3rd, 2014 - Lylat Wiki has been upgraded to MediaWiki 1.23! Please report any errors to our tech support team.
- March 09th, 2013 - We've moved to a brand new host, following a series of software and hardware issues with our old host.
- October 31st, 2012 - after a long time, Lylat Wiki is back up and at a new URL
- January 16th, 2012 - Icaruspedia has become an affiliate with Lylat Wiki. Be sure to check them out!
- November 26, 2011 - Lylat Wiki is proud to announce that it has officially affiliated with the Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. We are pleased to welcome them aboard and ask that you check them out.
- January 22nd, 2014 - NIWA added a new member on Saturday - it sure has been a while: Hard Drop Tetris Wiki, a wiki about the Tetris franchise. Although Tetris is considered a third-party franchise owned by The Tetris Company, the franchise is known to have a history of being worked on by several licensed entities, and Nintendo happens to be one of them. Albeit Nintendo does not develop Tetris games presently, the franchise still has a notable spot in Nintendo's own history, in addition to the several iteration of Tetris games available on various Nintendo consoles.
- March 30th, 2012 - NIWA added a new member today: Dragon Quest Wiki, a wiki about the Dragon Quest series. Although Dragon Quest is considered a third-party franchise owned by Square-Enix, its latest games from 2007 onwards are Nintendo-exclusive entries, some of which were published by Nintendo themselves outside Japan, which is why the related wiki was qualified to be a NIWA member. Dragon Quest Wiki is also one of the founding wikis in the SEIWA network.
- March 23rd, 2012 - Coinciding with the worldwide release of Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS, NIWA added a new member today: Icaruspedia, a wiki about the Kid Icarus series.
- March 21st, 2012 - Lylat Wiki has been notified that fellow NIWA member StrategyWiki has been accepted into our affiliated Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. If you have a minute to congratulate them, please do so here.
- March 17th, 2012 - It has been almost a year since NIWA has had any more members, but now we are proud to finally announce that NIWA had added a new member: F-Zero Wiki, a wiki about the F-Zero series.