Star Fox News
- September 25, 2015 - Nintendo Australia has confirmed they are attending the 2015 EB Games Expo at the Sydney Showgrounds from October 2 until October 4, 2015. They will be hosting various gaming competitions and are going to demo a wide array of available and upcoming titles for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with Star Fox Zero included. If you live close by to Sydney, if not in Australia in general, do not miss this opportunity.
- September 18, 2015 - BREAKING NEWS: Star Fox Zero producer Shigeru Miyamoto personally appeared via the official social media channels today to personally issue an apology for a hard decision he made in the past week. Despite the fact the game was on schedule to release at the previously posted date of November 20, 2015, due to an "unprecedented discovery" during development that the two-screen experience could be improved, and further polish the game overall, Miyamoto reluctantly decided to delay the game's release, promising a not-so-long-off window of the first quarter of 2016 as a new release schedule, keeping in line with the promise that the game will still be technically released before the upcoming The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U. This is a reflection of a quote Miyamoto said in 2012, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
- September 15, 2015 - Yesterday, Nintendo Co., Ltd. (NCL) has officially announced the name of the company's new president - Tatsumi Kimishima - taking on the title effectively starting September 16, 2015. Previously acting presidents Shigeru Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda have been formally declared taking on brand new roles in the company as "Creative Fellow" and "Technology Fellow," respectively. Several other managerial and structural changes will also take affect, such as the merging of development teams Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development (EAD) and Nintendo Software Planning & Development (SPD) to become Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development (EPD). Nintendo EAD was responsible for notable titles such as development of Star Fox 64 and co-development of Star Fox Zero. Kimishima, aged 65, who was formerly president of The Pokémon Company (2000-2002) and Nintendo of America (2002-2006) before becoming Managing Director of NCL in 2013, succeeds the late Satoru Iwata as the company president. Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth at the age of 55.
- September 8, 2015 - Nintendo UK has confirmed they are attending this year's EGX event at Birmingham NEC from September 24 until September 27, 2015. They will be hosting various gaming competitions and are going to demo a wide array of available and upcoming titles for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, chief among them being Star Fox Zero. If you live in the United Kingdom, do not miss this opportunity.
- August 25, 2015 - Nintendo of America confirms it is attending the annual major gaming consumers' expo PAX Prime this year in Seattle, Washington, and of course will be demoing various titles at their booth which are both available and upcoming for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Star Fox Zero. The event will be held between August 28 and August 31, 2015. If you wanted to get a ticket right now, you may be out of luck as the expo already sold out this year.
- August 24, 2015 - Today, both Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe confirm that release date of Star Fox Zero as November 20, 2015 for both regions. Additionally, the Super Smash Bros. Falco Amiibo will be available on the same day also for both regions. A Japanese release date has yet to be confirmed at this time. In the meantime, Nintendo UK had confirmed they will demo the game at more upcoming events, including the following: Insomnia 55 and Legends of Gaming Live 2015.
- July 3rd, 2014 - Lylat Wiki has been upgraded to MediaWiki 1.23! Please report any errors to our tech support team.
- March 09th, 2013 - We've moved to a brand new host, following a series of software and hardware issues with our old host.
- October 31st, 2012 - after a long time, Lylat Wiki is back up and at a new URL
- January 16th, 2012 - Icaruspedia has become an affiliate with Lylat Wiki. Be sure to check them out!
- November 26, 2011 - Lylat Wiki is proud to announce that it has officially affiliated with the Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. We are pleased to welcome them aboard and ask that you check them out.
- July 5, 2015 - NIWA added a new member yesterday - it sure has been a while: Inkipedia, a wiki about the Wii U game Splatoon. We do not know yet if Splatoon will have any sequels and/or related new entries in the future, but it is amazing that a brand new IP from Nintendo could garner such a grand following and online community in a very short amount of time - enough to launch an independent wiki site about a sole game, at least. Due to the overwhelming success of the first game, it would not be surprising if Nintendo are planning to release more entries in their successful new IP after Splatoon.
- January 22nd, 2014 - NIWA added a new member on Saturday - it sure has been a while: Hard Drop Tetris Wiki, a wiki about the Tetris franchise. Although Tetris is considered a third-party franchise owned by The Tetris Company, the franchise is known to have a history of being worked on by several licensed entities, and Nintendo happens to be one of them. Albeit Nintendo does not develop Tetris games presently, the franchise still has a notable spot in Nintendo's own history, in addition to the several iteration of Tetris games available on various Nintendo consoles.
- March 30th, 2012 - NIWA added a new member today: Dragon Quest Wiki, a wiki about the Dragon Quest series. Although Dragon Quest is considered a third-party franchise owned by Square-Enix, its latest games from 2007 onwards are Nintendo-exclusive entries, some of which were published by Nintendo themselves outside Japan, which is why the related wiki was qualified to be a NIWA member. Dragon Quest Wiki is also one of the founding wikis in the SEIWA network.
- March 23rd, 2012 - Coinciding with the worldwide release of Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS, NIWA added a new member today: Icaruspedia, a wiki about the Kid Icarus series.
- March 21st, 2012 - Lylat Wiki has been notified that fellow NIWA member StrategyWiki has been accepted into our affiliated Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. If you have a minute to congratulate them, please do so here.