Star Fox News
- August 25, 2015 - Nintendo of America confirms it is attending the annual major gaming consumers' expo PAX Prime this year in Seattle, Washington, and of course will be demoing various titles at their booth which are both available and upcoming for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Star Fox Zero. The event will be held between August 28 and August 31, 2015. If you wanted to get a ticket right now, you may be out of luck as the expo already sold out this year.
- August 24, 2015 - Today, both Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe confirm that release date of Star Fox Zero as November 20, 2015 for both regions. Additionally, the Super Smash Bros. Falco Amiibo will be available on the same day also for both regions. A Japanese release date has yet to be confirmed at this time. In the meantime, Nintendo UK had confirmed they will demo the game at more upcoming events, including the following: Insomnia 55 and Legends of Gaming Live 2015.
- August 05, 2015 - Europe's largest annual gaming expo, Gamescom, is opening its doors starting today until Sunday, August 9, 2015. Nintendo of Europe had since confirmed they are attending once again this year, with their venue hosting a slew of upcoming titles for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Star Fox Zero.
- August 03, 2015 - Nintendo of Europe confirms today that the 2006 Nintendo DS title Star Fox Command is finally going to be available as a Virtual Console title via the Wii U Nintendo eShop on August 6, 2015 in the PAL region. If you have originally missed getting this game, here is your chance to secure an official digital copy of the title. North American Wii U owners have been entertained to this game since June 2015.
- July 12, 2015 - Nintendo announces today the tragic passing of the company president and CEO (in Japan and North America), Satoru Iwata, due to a bile duct growth. Iwata is well-known to have contributed so much to Nintendo throughout his career, even long before he became president in 2002. Iwata worked alongside his colleague, Star Fox creator Shigeru Miyamoto, on many of his projects, and served as executive producer for many games, including every Star Fox game released since Star Fox: Assault. Iwata was only 55 years old. Until a new company president is announced, Shigeru Miyamoto, alongside Genyo Takeda, will take over Iwata's presidential duties in the interim.
- June 26, 2015 - Hyper Japan, an annual all-Japanese pop culture convention, is returning to London this year, and Nintendo UK confirmed they are attending the event, promising to display a selection of the best Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games that are both available and upcoming, including Star Fox Zero. If you are planning to attend Hyper Japan this year, taking place between July 10 and 12, make sure you pass by Nintendo UK's booth to be able to play a demo of the game. Click here for details on the event itself.
- July 3rd, 2014 - Lylat Wiki has been upgraded to MediaWiki 1.23! Please report any errors to our tech support team.
- March 09th, 2013 - We've moved to a brand new host, following a series of software and hardware issues with our old host.
- October 31st, 2012 - after a long time, Lylat Wiki is back up and at a new URL
- January 16th, 2012 - Icaruspedia has become an affiliate with Lylat Wiki. Be sure to check them out!
- November 26, 2011 - Lylat Wiki is proud to announce that it has officially affiliated with the Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. We are pleased to welcome them aboard and ask that you check them out.
- July 5, 2015 - NIWA added a new member yesterday - it sure has been a while: Inkipedia, a wiki about the Wii U game Splatoon. We do not know yet if Splatoon will have any sequels and/or related new entries in the future, but it is amazing that a brand new IP from Nintendo could garner such a grand following and online community in a very short amount of time - enough to launch an independent wiki site about a sole game, at least. Due to the overwhelming success of the first game, it would not be surprising if Nintendo are planning to release more entries in their successful new IP after Splatoon.
- January 22nd, 2014 - NIWA added a new member on Saturday - it sure has been a while: Hard Drop Tetris Wiki, a wiki about the Tetris franchise. Although Tetris is considered a third-party franchise owned by The Tetris Company, the franchise is known to have a history of being worked on by several licensed entities, and Nintendo happens to be one of them. Albeit Nintendo does not develop Tetris games presently, the franchise still has a notable spot in Nintendo's own history, in addition to the several iteration of Tetris games available on various Nintendo consoles.
- March 30th, 2012 - NIWA added a new member today: Dragon Quest Wiki, a wiki about the Dragon Quest series. Although Dragon Quest is considered a third-party franchise owned by Square-Enix, its latest games from 2007 onwards are Nintendo-exclusive entries, some of which were published by Nintendo themselves outside Japan, which is why the related wiki was qualified to be a NIWA member. Dragon Quest Wiki is also one of the founding wikis in the SEIWA network.
- March 23rd, 2012 - Coinciding with the worldwide release of Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS, NIWA added a new member today: Icaruspedia, a wiki about the Kid Icarus series.
- March 21st, 2012 - Lylat Wiki has been notified that fellow NIWA member StrategyWiki has been accepted into our affiliated Square Enix Independent Wiki Alliance. If you have a minute to congratulate them, please do so here.